Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm + Water Ingress

In a message dated 6/17/02 8:13:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Am surprised MM customer service initially went after the battery, Marion,
> since you saw water inside the pump at the display.  There's not much hope
> of drying it out and reviving it.  Chlorinated pool water (and ocean salt
> water) is electrically conductive (causing short circuits that can destroy
> electronics) and are also corrosive.
> Like you, Laura, I tend not to risk my $5,000+ medical device.
> Dave

The Paradigm was originally advertised as waterproof for 8 hours and now they
state that is truly waterproof for 24 hours.

I don't think I would send it in the ocean because I would be afraid of it
getting lost.  However, if the pump has to be removed for a swimming pool,
then we are in deep trouble (no pun intended).  Gabe jumps in and out with
his brothers and friends without any warning or rhyme or reason.  I can't
imagine trying to replace the basal properly if he had to continously