From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Cynthia
VanDenBerge
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 6:47 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] RE: paradigm "waterproof"

Interesting...as a SCUBA diver and underwater photo
buff I know that you must always dismantle camera
housings and rinse with fresh water after salt water
exposure.  This includes making sure that the gaskets
are cleaned as well. I would think that just rinsing
the pump would not be enough to get all of the
corrosive salt crystals out.  I have not used my pump
in the water yet, but my plan is to take it off.  Of
course my depth would exceed recommendations anyway.
Cynthia
--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>

> > The corosive properties of the salt water would
> destroy any rubber gaskets
> > on any insulin pump.  A waterproof quality has
> nothing to do with
> > corrosion.
> > I have seen posted about not using in salt water
> wherever they posted about
> > the pump being waterproof.
> >

> interesting...Animas just told me to wash it off
> after going in the
> ocean......
> Beverly
> Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, pumping, and
> Nick, who is now ten!
> <A

HREF="http://www.parsonwhitestudios.com/">http://www.parsonwhitestudios.
com/</A>