Re: [IP] RE: paradigm "waterproof"

In a message dated 6/17/02 7:49:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Face it. Pumps are water resistant. You are crazy if you take a $5000
> piece of equipment into a hostile environment without checking and/or
> replacing the seals on a periodic basis. Think about that. Sure,
> splashing around in a pool or taking a shower is one thing, but if
> you are going into the ocean or are a serious swimmer, your "water
> resistant" pump belongs on dry land.

I guess it depends on the pump and the usual YMMV...I too am a SCUBA diver
and know to take care of equipment....but I believe Animas when they tell me
it is ok to take the pump in the ocean ...to just rinse it off....and Mary
swims nearly everyday with her pump on...no problem....care of any equipment
requires good maintenance....