[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

RE: [IP] Medicare Guidelines & HMO's

Hi Evie:
I read with awe why a medicare hmo would cover your pump, supplies, test
strips, lancets, etc. but not your Humalog or Novalog!

Medicare DOES cover 80% of your Humalog or Novalog.  You need to have a
Physician's Work Order done every 3 months and signed by your doctor and you
need a rx for the insulin and it has to state on there that you are an
insulin dependent diabetic who is on an insulin infusion therapy and there
is a special code that the doctor has to put on there.  Then you find a
pharmacy that will accept medicare assignment and you only have to pay the
80%. If you have a supplemental insurance, they will pick up the other 20%.
Kathy B.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml