Re: [IP] RE: paradigm "waterproof"

In a message dated 6/17/2002 4:45:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The corosive properties of the salt water would destroy any rubber gaskets
>  on any insulin pump.  A waterproof quality has nothing to do with
>  I have seen posted about not using in salt water wherever they posted about
>  the pump being waterproof.

Animas doesn't have any problem with their pump being used in salt water . .
. My daughter has worn her Animas pump in the ocean plenty of times without
any problems at all . . . All we do  is rinse it off (when she showers off
herself) and, of course, we regularly change the o-rings in the battery
compartment as we were taught.  Maybe it would be an issue if it was all day,
every day -- but it hasn't been a problem for us . . . YMMV

Pumpmama to Katie