[IP] Re: 140 after meal?

> I would love to hear how others have managed to obtain a 140 after meals and not crashed.

My experience is similar to others that have responded here.....I am
(usually) able to keep my post-meal numbers well under 140 by eating a
low-carbohydrate diet.  I don't eat bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.
The carbs I do eat usually come from things like veggies, nuts, and soy
products.  I rarely get bg "crashes" (especially since starting the
pump!)  If my bg does start to drop, it generally does so pretty slowly
and I'm able to correct it before it gets TOO low.

I've eaten low-carb for almost two years now, and my numbers are so much
more stable than they were on a high-carb diet that it's like night and
day.  The different way of eating took a little getting used to, but now
I can't imagine ever going back!  Sure, every once in awhile a bread
basket or a plate of brownies will look awfully good, but thinking of
what it will do to my bg's is usually enough to quell the