[IP] RE: paradigm "waterproof"

>Like you said, I am shocked at what you were told.  I just got back from
>Florida and I did go in the pool...no problems and I didn't have a
>special case...just the one that clips on my pants...I was just told to
>not beyond 8' and not to take it in the ocean because of salt water.
It's not waterproof in salt water???!!!  In all the literature I have read
on the paradigm there is nothing that mentions not being able to use the
paradigm in sea water.  One of the main reasons I went with the paradigm
upgrade was so that I could go sea kayaking in the ocean.  The water proof
case that I use for the 508 is bulky and you have to use the remote if you
want to bolus and if you need to access the pump, then you need to take the
whole waterproof case apart.  I would have gone with another waterproof
pump if I had known this!