From: Kevin Coleman [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 4:13 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] paradigm "waterproof"

Our 6 year old recently started pumping with the paradigm. We chose this
brand and model for it's "waterproofness" only to find out at training
that they do not recommend you swim with it.  What's with that? But...
at least they warned us, we have been using the waterproof case in the
pool.  He has gotten it wet, in sprinkler and kiddie pool with no
problems.  But I felt they marketed this pump as waterproof, which to me
means he jumps in the deep end of our pool, or the shallow end, gets
out, and pump still works. It sounds to me like they aren't even telling
others that it's not.  I had a mom from Canada who couldn't wait for the
Paradigm there and I had to break the news to her.  Other
disappointments with MM is they don't recommend using the remote for
kids, it was developed more for adults to be discrete, and they don't
recommend using the block option.  Just thought I'd publicly share this
information that was unavailable to us before we made our
decision. I have to say we have been happy with all else so far.   Lynn
Mom to Griff, Cait and Carolyn