Re: [IP] 140 after meal?

>I would love to hear how others have managed to obtain a 140 after meals
>and not crashed.

Linda,  I have done it in the past.  In fact, I have managed to keep my one
and two hour postprandials under 110, but it took a lot of work.  I'm
nowhere near that now, though every day when I wake up I promise myself that
I will try...  Anyway, I don't think it's possible unless you're willing to
eat very low carb.  I could do it for a meal of meat and veggies only.  I
think it's worth it to eat that way to have such good numbers - and when I
ate that way I would literally go for days without seeing a reading as high
as 120 (and I usually test 15 times a day).  Maybe today will be the day
that I don't succumb to temptation!  (If I get through the first day, it's
always smooth sailing after that!)

I don't know if this is true, but I feel like the reason it works with a
really low carb meal is that I am doing so little insulin to cover the meal
that the insulin's action two hours down the line is miniscule.  Also, if
you're getting a substantial amount of your blood glucose rise from protein,
that would "feed" the insulin tail.