[IP] 140 after meal?

I just read the article someone posted which says that 2 hours after a meal BG should be 140 or
less.  I don't understand how this is possible, if your humalog or novolog will continue to lower
BG for 3 more hours.
For example, if I take 5.0 units for breakfast, 2 hours after breakfast I still have 40% of 5 (2
units) units working, right?  Well those 2 units are going to lower me around 100 points.  So my
after breakfast needs to be around 200, or I will crash before lunch.

I have thought about taking more bolus and lowering my basal, but that would backfire if I ever
skipped breakfast.
So is the answer to take more bolus and use a temp basal during the 2 hours between the after meal
reading and lunch?

I would love to hear how others have managed to obtain a 140 after meals and not crashed.

pumping 6 1/2 years, with after breakfast numbers always around 200!

Do You Yahoo!?