Re: [IP] Re: The Paradigm

On 6/16/02 11:02 PM, "Laura F." <email @ redacted> wrote:

>> hen they said that maybe the battery was closed to tightly or too
>> loosely and maybe the resevoir was closed to loosely.
> How could the battery cap being closed too *tightly* cause a leak?  That
> is scary, as you said.  I always re-screw the battery cap until it won't
> go any farther (because I want to make sure it's not too loose!)  It
> sometimes takes a little effort to unscrew it when I go to change the
> battery again.  I suppose I could be fastening it "too tightly", but I
> certainly didn't see any warnings in the user's manual about making sure
> it's NOT fastened "too tightly".

Could be that this is similar to the situation with the H-tron.  With the
H-tron you are provided a plastic battery tool that helps prevent
overtightening, but if someone used a coin for instance, the case could
become cracked.  It will be interesting to see if Medtronic does a recall or
if they will wait for an updated MAUDE report to document this situation.