[IP] Re: Choosing a D-Tron

I did choose the D-Tron due to the prefilled cartridges.  However there is one
thing I don't like about the D-tron, you can't know exactly how much insulin
is left in the reservoir.  You can get close by looking on the window, but not
exact.  Of course it does alert you when it's almost empty, but sometimes I
like to know more in advance, for example when leaving the house for a good
while etc.

BTW on the CWD website there is a brief report on the AADE conference, where
they show a new pump that will have an alarm to remind you to bolus, a dream
for every pump user.  With certain foods some people have seen that BG will
start to rise only a while after the meal (1-2 hr).  Especially with the new
data we will be collecting from the Glucowatch and the like, this feature will
become very obvious. Check it out at

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes