Re: [IP] north carolina driving

In a message dated 6/15/02 8:57:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I have lived in NC all my life.  When I turned 16 and went to get my license
I was told that I had to have a physical.  So I took the equivalent of a book
to my endo and he filled out all the required paper work and physical forms.
Then when I went to take my test I had to fill out another book of questions
regarding my health.  I took the written test, eye test and driving test.  I
was also told that b/c I was diabetic I could be called back at any time to
take any of these test again.  Sure enough a week later I got a letter from
the DMV saying they wanted me to take the eye test again.  I ended up not
having to take it b/c I had just taken the test a week earlier.

I am sure that there were additional requirements if I ever got a ticket, but
knock on wood.....I have never had a ticket!  You may want to call the NC DMV
offices in Raleigh, NC and tell them about the diabetes and see what they
say.  Things, I am sure, have changed since I was 16 (I'm 24 now).  Beware
though....people who work for the DMV in NC have an attitude problem.
Sometimes you get a good one but it is rare.

I hope this helps some.  You would love NC. Good luck.

     Cheri :)