[IP] MAJOR site problems improved by switch to Novolog

Annie, Cristina and others,
I was lousy with infusion set issues. Sites were
failing every night, followed by BG rises to 400 with
ketones (REALLY failing). And I use metal needle
infusion sets only. I switched to Novolog a week and a
half ago and I haven't had a single site fail (knock
wood). I'm having to refigure my boluses because I'm
using a lot less insulin. I also am having better
post-prandials (though I'm still going to try to stick
to a low-carb way of life for the most part) and
almost all of my sites have lasted three full days. I
still have pain issues with the needle sets, where the
bent needle leaves me very bloody and I have to change
out every two days, and the Rapid leaves a big sore
lump when I change it out. But maybe now I can try the
plastic cannula sets again, although I'm not sure I
want to. Anyway, I don't know if this is the end of my
site woes forever, but it sure has been nice to
plateau after such a crazy last few months with
Humalog. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that it
lasts. I would recommend anyone with similar issues to
try Novolog, which has worked similar wonders for a
certain portion of this group. I had tried EVERYTHING
to no effect and Novo was my last ditch effort before
going off the pump.
Good luck,
--- Annie Wall <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > Cristina Kaiser >
>  I am currently using the Quickset 6 mm infusion set
> (love it), but I feel
> that sometimes it does not work. For the past 2
> months I have been
> struggling--changing the infusion sites 3 times in 2
> days repeatedly. >
> Cristina,
> Sorry you are having problems with your infusion
> sets.  I'm the "Queen" of
> infusion set problems.

Do You Yahoo!?