[IP] Medicare Geuidelines and HMO's

Thanks for the response to the c-peptide questions I had.  I have found a
medicare website which describes the c-peptide and udated guidelines for
medicare pump appoval. According to these new guidelines, I do qualify with
a c-peptide of.6(revised  5/01)  Here's my question.  I am on medicare but
chose an HMO provider on a medicare+plan.  Does anyone know if these plans
must follow medicare guidelines for medicare covered benefits.