Re: [IP] Steroids & Diabetes

I just finished my Medrol on Monday for inflammation of my sinuses.  I also
took over 100 units of insulin per day.  However, I was not able to bring my
sugars below 250 for the first 3 days.  UGH I felt awful!  I had to add a
whole unit to my basal rates all around.  By Wednesday, my sugars had
stabilized back to normal on my higher basals, so I slowly tapered back down
to my normal rates and finally I got low today!  (Never thought I'd be glad
to get low!)

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CNSD
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian
Certified Insulin Pump Trainer

2002 ADA 'Call to Congress: Conquer Diabetes' Participant
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
"Diabetes is a disease of complications and waiting for them to happen." - -
- Mary Tyler Moore