Re: [IP] C-Peptide

In a message dated 6/14/02 12:12:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone know what the C-Peptide measures.  I am waiting for approval for
> the pump and was told my C-Peptide was .06 and that it needed to be below
> .05,
> but because I have been a type 1 for 38 years, there probably would not be
> problem.  Also, before I had this test done, my doctor's office told me to
> not
> take my humalog and eat a huge carb meal to get my BG up very high.
> Needless
> to say, my BG was over 450.  So...does anyone understand what this all
> means?
> Thanks, Rosalie

Rosalie To get the OK for Medicare you must have less than a . 05 C-Peptide.
I am not sure maybe spot could clear this up. I have type 1 with a . 012 .
The higher the number the more insulin you are making on your own. I may be
180* out I would think if your BS was lower you would not be calling for
insulin. I was told two years ago to come in for the test fasting. I am one
of the few on the monster D-tron and love it. Roger C (dx12/1/47 pm 5/7/00)
still dragging my hockey puck in tow