[IP] C-Peptide

Does anyone know what the C-Peptide measures.  I am waiting for approval for
the pump and was told my C-Peptide was .06 and that it needed to be below .05,
but because I have been a type 1 for 38 years, there probably would not be a
problem.  Also, before I had this test done, my doctor's office told me to not
take my humalog and eat a huge carb meal to get my BG up very high.  Needless
to say, my BG was over 450.  So...does anyone understand what this all means?
Thanks, Rosalie