[IP] Dislodged infusion cap on Paradigm

<From: "Grimes, Keith"

Another question from the guy still trying to choose between the R1000 and
the Paradigm.

Has anyone experienced the problem described on DiabetesNet regarding a
dislodged infusion cap? The problem is that if you dislodge the cap, you
will not receive any insulin - nor will you receive any warnings. So you
think you're getting that 7u bolus, but because the cap is dislodged, you're
not getting anything. Then, when you discover the cap is loose, if you
retighten it, you'll immediately get that 7u in a split second (and I'm
assuming you'll also receive any basals you missed as well). The infusion
cap does "lock" into place, but apparently it's not a true lock.

Now, is this just a tempest-in-a-teacup type of problem, or has anyone
actually experienced this? Should this make me really nervous, or do you
have to jump through all sorts of gyrations to dislodge this cap? I'd really
like to hear your experiences.>

I have had my Paradigm since February and have NEVER had this happen.  I can't imagin what would
dislodge the cap.  It is tightly attached.

Do You Yahoo!?