Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:19:59 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Medic Alert Tatoo

Zachary was diagnosed 3wks after turning 3yrs old.   By the time he was 5 he'd
ask when there would be a cure for Diabetes.   How old would he be?   Not
being able to supply an age,  We'd always tell him that they'd find a cure by
the time he was ready to get married.

Now that he's 12 1/2 he sometimes jokes around saying "They better hurry up on
that cure, cuz I don't want to be a Grandpa before I can get married!"

... because I don't plan on having this disease the rest of my life and
wouldn't want the pain of removing the tatoo.  I've always dreamed of the day
that I get rid of this medic alert bracelet forever - and IT WILL HAPPEN!!

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)