Re: [IP] Steroids & Diabetes

>Hi, I am on my 3rd day of taking a 6 day Medrol dosepack. I am taking it
>for Lupus and CNS Vasculitis. I am up to about a 100 units per day!!! I
>increased my basals slightly and am testing every 2 hours. Just adjusting
>for my SF,at those times. My highest BG has been 180, which is extremely
>high for me. I run 100-120 consistantly. Am I doing the right thing
>adjusting for Highs, and anyone know how long the highs will last after
>the 6th day? I know YMMV, but how bout guestimates? thanks Lisa & my
>Nimbus 2000

I took was prescribed a medpack when I got severe hives.  I had to raise
all my basals .3 while taking the meds.  I crashed about 2 weeks after the
last dose and knew it was time to lower them back down.  This, I think, is
definitely a YMMV, but that's what happened for me.  I would just advise
keeping a close watch of your bgs during and after you're done with the
last dose.