Re: [IP] glucowatch-Insurance

Go to their web site at http://www.glucowatch.com and
send them an email and/or call the company (I spoke
with someone named Minnie) at 1-866-GLWATCH
(1-866-459-2824) and request a copy of their letter of
medical necessity and insurance code. The insurance
code for the GlucoWatch Biographer and AutoSensors is
E 1399. I just got the letter and code in the mail a
few days ago. I don't have an rx so can't get the
device yet, but when they called me on a followup they
offered to send me that info so I had them go ahead and
send it (I'll take whatever I can get). Anyone who
wants to know what the letter of medical necessity says
can email me and I'll let you know.

I'm currently drafting a letter to the Medical Director
of our insurance (TriCare) to ask that they consider
covering this device. They may say no, but it doesn't
hurt to ask and at the very least will plant a seed. :)

Jake said:
awesome...so how did you go bout it...did you send them
the receipt and
verification letter?

I was told by my insurance that i needed a verification
of medical
importance letter..are you familiar with that?

any details are needed thanks