Re: [IP] Continuous glucose monitoring

We used this for 7 days back in May.   They typically do it for
3 days, but our Endo wanted a better picture of my "unique"
child, and wanted to do more than just the 3 days.

We had the first sensor inserted at the hospital and then they
sent us home with extra sensors and the inserter for the sensors.

Unfortunately we had lots of problems:

1.   16 hours after insertion we had alarms going off.   I ended
     up staying up all night and talking to a MMtech every hour.
     They had me change out the sensor, but it ended up that
     it was a bad cable.   We finally gave up and pulled it at
     dawn on a Saturday, so we had to wait till Tues for a new
     cable to arrive.

2.   With the new cable, we did another sensor insert.   The next
     problem was that though the sensors are meant to work for
     3 days, Zach would burn his out in 40-48 hours.   (MM says
     some peoples body fluids and the sensors don't agree.)

3.   Luckily we had a number of sensors, so we finally got through
      a total of 7 days of monitoring.

4.    Unfortunately, since we were still in the middle of the big
       school battle (didn't go 2nd sememster/school nurse phobia)
       His BG readings were too eratic based on his stress level.

Next time we do one, I'd be sure to do it when he wasn't having
BG highs from stress and never in the summer----can't get it wet.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)
Fenton, MO