Re: [IP] Continuous glucose monitoring

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: [IP] Continuous glucose monitoring

> I am not recalling the exact wording but I will be having the Mini-Med 3
> test  for hopefully seeing patterns of blood  sugars control.  An
> instrument is worn and results are downloaded by endo..Would appreciate
> experence of others and was procedure helpful?.  Thanks.  Charlene

I used it (CGMS) about a year and a half ago. It was very helpful in setting
and changing my basil rates. It also showed that I need to bolus after a
finished eating. The more accurate records you keep the more helpful it will
be. Get a copy of the printouts for your records. You can always refer back
to them if future questions arise, or if you change endos.

The only down side for me was that it does not disconnect. I, therefore, had
to shower with a baggie around my neck holding the monitor. I might even ask
to do it again this winter even though my insurance will not pay for it