[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #393(diabetes and tattoos

Hi, I am responding to Jim's email. I am 29 and have been diabetic for 21
years. I have 1 tattoo just above my ankle. I got it when I was 24. I have no
regrets and didn't have any complications. Maybe it was luck. It was my
choice to get it and I was aware of the higher risks because of my disease
but I decided I wasn't going to let it discourage me. Just my opinion on the
subject, at the same time I am not encouraging anyone to get one either! It's
like anything else you are at a higher risk with diabetes. Heather W.