Re: [IP] Re:Question about Pumps & Cruise Ships

> We are going on a cruise ship in July. A technician at Disetronic
> mentioned I should be careful of the radar or sonar on the ship as it
> might cause problems with my pump. Has anyone experieced a problem of
> this kind? I travel out of the country a lot and was supplied a
> back-up D-tron and always take ample supplies. The cruise ship company
> is unaware of any problems; however, they naturally don't know
> anything about insulin pumps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be surprised if any sonar (which uses sound) would affect
a pump.

I suppose RADAR (which uses radio waves) could affect an
electronic device like a pump, however RADAR signals are very
directional, and wouldn't be aimed back at the ship.

I don't think I'd worry about it unless you were planning to
hang out near the antenna.
                          - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+ I++
!M !MM N++
                O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S# RLCT
a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#