Re: [IP] Paradigm upgrade

John,
I LOVE MY PARADIGM.  I have had it since February and have had no problems at all.
My batteries last 3 to 4 weeks.  All minimed pumps have volatile memory.  If you let your
batteries run all the way down you lose your settings.  It takes about 2 seconds for me to dump my
old battery out and put my new one in - don't forget you don't have to load a battery holder, you
just drop the new battery in.
You forgot the main reason to trade up - the new, menu driven software that is so much easier to
use, and has more functionality.  The screen has a 4 line display.  I can go to the basal screens
without having to pass through the bolus screens.  I can go to my utilities and see my prime
history, my alarm history, 3 lines of total daily usage at once, etc.
Being able to see your current basal settings - 3 lines at a time - without having to be in edit
mode.
You really should go up on the minimed website and play with the virtual pump.  It is MUCH BETTER
than the 508.
Linda

You wrote:
" why do you want to trade up, your 508 isn't even a year old."  I tell her "
it's smaller -barely; it's water proof- who cares, I take mine off to swim or
shower; it uses AAA batteries - they go dead in 2 weeks compared to 6 weeks in
my 508; it doesn't click - !!!?; it has volatile memory which erases itself in
60 secs if you don't get the new battery installed;  it's cooler looking -
hey, now we're talking