Re: [IP] Paradigm upgrade

I LOVE MY PARADIGM.  I have had it since February and have had no problems at all.
My batteries last 3 to 4 weeks.  All minimed pumps have volatile memory.  If you let your
batteries run all the way down you lose your settings.  It takes about 2 seconds for me to dump my
old battery out and put my new one in - don't forget you don't have to load a battery holder, you
just drop the new battery in.
You forgot the main reason to trade up - the new, menu driven software that is so much easier to
use, and has more functionality.  The screen has a 4 line display.  I can go to the basal screens
without having to pass through the bolus screens.  I can go to my utilities and see my prime
history, my alarm history, 3 lines of total daily usage at once, etc.
Being able to see your current basal settings - 3 lines at a time - without having to be in edit
You really should go up on the minimed website and play with the virtual pump.  It is MUCH BETTER
than the 508.

You wrote:
" why do you want to trade up, your 508 isn't even a year old."  I tell her "
it's smaller -barely; it's water proof- who cares, I take mine off to swim or
shower; it uses AAA batteries - they go dead in 2 weeks compared to 6 weeks in
my 508; it doesn't click - !!!?; it has volatile memory which erases itself in
60 secs if you don't get the new battery installed;  it's cooler looking -
hey, now we're talking

Do You Yahoo!?