[IP] why you need a pump

Guy Noce <email @ redacted> wrote:

<BC/BS recently approved my pump, a Medtronic Paradigm, which I chose
because of its size, weight and water fastness.  I've had two weeks of
practice with saline in the pump and was ready to go on insulin pending
my physician's approval.  After receiving results of my recent A1C
(6.8), he decided that my control was pretty good and that I needed to
wait.  I'm looking for good counter-arguments.>

Bad A1C's are not the only reason to go on a pump.
My main reason for going on the pump was the freedom to eat what I want, when I want, without
having to pull out a syringe.
An A1C is an average.  Most people experience fewer highs and lows when on a pump.
It is much more convenient to take a bolus with a pump than to have to inject insulin.
You have the right to decide which method of insulin delivery is right for you.

Do You Yahoo!?