[IP] Re:Diabetics & tattoos

You wanted advice, so here it is. I had my ankle tattooed years ago (all the
way around) It took a long time to heal and was extremely painful, especially
on my Achilles tendon. My endo flipped out while examining my feet and wanted
to know what in the - - - - was I thinking about when I made this decision.
The tattoo parlor had also questioned me about it and added an additional
sentence to my waiver not holding them responsible if I lost my foot or leg.
We as diabetics (or at least most of us) do all we can to prevent such things
as blindness, amputation, kidney disease and the myriad of complications
diabetes can cause. At the time I had not taken my disease seriously. Now I
do and would not even consider causing a complication. I try to prevent them.
As Ozzie Osbourne says if you really want to be different don't get a tattoo,
everybody and there dog has them.         Your friend, Jim