[IP] Paradigm Upgrade

I talked to a very nice woman at Minimed yesterday about how the training for
the upgrade would work.  I registered for my upgrade a few days ago, when
given a choice of cities in my state the closest was Detroit.  Detroit is a
big city, I live about 30 miles north of Detroit.  I assumed that the
training would be at a local hospital, I was wrong.  The training will be
held at hotels, and they will train fifty people at a time.  One nurse or
educator for every five people.  The training will last approximately two
hours, I may be mistaken, but I thought that my training was a four hours,
from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.  I was told that there is a good deal of paperwork.  I
asked if there would be any privacy for starting infusion sets, no she didn't
believe so, be sure to wear a two piece outfit.  I would rather do this
training through my own CDE at my own expense that go through training this
way.  I was also told that they will not be trading out any supplies.  If you
have unopened supplies that are over thirty days they won't trade them out.
The more I think about the Paradigm and the way that this process has been
handled, the more I'm tossing around the idea of staying with my 508.  The
upgrade was the reason that I went with Minimed, that and the fact that whole
process was kind of overwhelming at the time.  I know that the extra year
warranty is available, but with what I hear about turnaround time for
warranty work, that doesn't sound like such good deal.