[IP] Re: Blood pressure and cholesteral control

3 months ago, I weighed in at 240 lbs,I had a slight trace of protien
detected in my urine, a total cholesteral of 238, and an A1C of 8.7 and blood
pressure at around 140 over 95.  Not good-  My Doc put me on a low fat diet
(I chose to give up red meat and diary products) perscribed 40MG tabs of
Pravachol for the cholesteral, 5MG of Zestril for the lowering the blood
pressure , and talked me into going on a pump after trying Lantus for a year.
 3 months later, I am down to 215lbs, my A1C was 7.0, my blood pressure
averages around 120 over 70, and my total cholesteral dropped to 153-  I know
that the pump is a big part of better control, but don't give up on
perscribed drugs for helping control related health issues brought on by the
diabetes- Maybe I have not paid close attention to some of the modern day
drugs like I should have, but I'm very thankful I got a wake up call earlier
this year to keep current- phew!

Bryon Veal