[IP] Need help from Animas pumpers

Sorry for the delay in responding, but been out of town.

I had the same panic with sirens and warnings on Animas 1000.  I was advised
(correctly) that it occurred because I tried to open the pump (change cartridge
or batteries) before I 'woke up' the pump (by pressing enter button).  Sure
enough, I tested it and if you try to open pump door w/o first pressing the
enter button, you'll entertain the troops.  By the way, I've been on the Animas
R1000 for only approximately 3 months and I think it is awesome!  Though these
incidents are 'alarming,' there really is a good reason for the warning.  I've
found the Animas customer service folks to be top notch...as is this group...
thank you for being there!