[IP] Re: Paradigm Update

I have had my paradigm for two weeks.  It has performed flawlessly.  So far,
I have not had to change the AAA battery.  So I have yet to experience a
short battery life.   I use anywhere from 45-90 units a day and average about
48 hours in-between changes due to low reservoir warnings.   I do wish the
reservoir was bigger but I also wish I required less insulin.  It holds about
180 units and takes about 10-12 units to prime.  Because of the "quick set"
infusion set design, one could disconnect the old line/reservoir set from the
canula at the site and just run a new line from a replacement reservoir into
the old site, but then you waste the canula from the new line you just
replaced as the all come together in an infusion set pack.  One could just
part out the infusion set, changing a line there, and canula there,  but then
you have open packages open to bugs-  and whole knows what bugs are going to
land on them.  I just want to get the set in ASAP after opening a sterile
box-  Bottom-line, since your going to have to change the site within another
24 hours anyway, why risk infection?  I'm not knocking those who use various
methods to refill reservoirs etc.......but it's not for me- Any way, for now,
I have decided to just change the entire set-But if anyone is doing anything
different that has worked, please let me know-   I have used it in the shower
but I am not up on swimming with it.  I'm not concerned over the pump getting
wet but more concerned about the site being irritated by being soaked.  The
pump is very simple to operate and requires minimal steps to do programming
re: square bolus, dual square bolus etc......I'm a ham radio operator, and I
know what the frustration level is when you purchase high end electronics
unit only to see it fail. But even the best equipment has a bad batch
produced.  Just look at the space shuttle-  I just hope my pump is one of the
99% that makes it out in good working order.   I am disappointed to hear of
others who have had poor repair time with MM.  They have been very good to me
and I have not had any problems yet-

Bryon Veal