[IP] Paradigm upgrade

I'm trying to make up my mind about the Paradigm upgrade and would
appreciate opinions/ideas from anyone else still deciding (or who has
decided). I've been using a 508 since March '01. Although I was looking
forward to upgrading, now that I've received a letter from MM indicating it
would be soon I'm inclined not to do it. I thought the main benefit would be
the smaller size, but apparently the difference isn't significant. I don't
care that the Paradigm is waterproof, since I can't swim.  I like the
"clicks" on the 508 -- they let me know it's working. It seems the
Paradigm's proprietary infusion sets and short battery life are
disadvantages. Mostly, though, I've read there may be software problems with
the Paradigm, so I'd just as soon not be a guinea pig, and wait a few years
till it has been in widespread use and the "bugs" are out, and meanwhile
stick with a machine that has given me no problems in over a year (so I know
it's not a lemon) and get the extra year on the warranty.
I'm curious if anyone else feels this way. Or am I missing something? Thanks
to all, Mary Richman