RE: [IP] Blood Sugar Meters

Bonne Cowger-Roszel [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Love this site. It is awesome. I'm getting my paradigm
> in 2 weeks, I need a new meter to check my BS, not
> real good about doing it any way. Any suggestions.

All meters must meet the same accuracy and precision standards in order to
be marketed.  The standard is that the device must return measurements
within 5% of a standard (moderate complexity) lab test 50% of the time.
This may be approximated as +/- 20%.

So choose one with the features you like - there's still considerable
variety in meters.  Because I record my readings (as well as carbs and
bolus) in my Palm handheld, I don't need the database features of some
meters.  I use the Lifescan Ultra because I like the rapid response (5

Jim Handsfield