RE: [IP] Annoyed with Girl scout badge requirement.

Hi Wendy,
Coming from a long time ex Girl Scout leader, I can tell you that the main
thing that Girl Scouts is trying to promote for the girls is a healthier way
of living/eating, etc.

And since only around 10% of people have Type I and Type II is becoming
epedimic especially for younger kids, I think that they added diabetes in

It would be to your girl's benefit if you explained the two types to them so
that they know that there is nothing to prevent Type I but that if they eat
healthier and exercise that they CAN prevent Type II.

You can get in touch with Girl Scouts of America to make them more aware of
the descrepancies but it's probably just their ignorance in not knowing the
differences in Types/causes....

Kathy B.