Re: [IP] Re:Cholesterol and niacin

At 09:16 AM 6/10/2002 Linda Kelly wrote:
 >As I understand it, Berkley Heart Lab  developed the test for detecting
 >LDL(a),(b).  Niaspan
 >is their time-released niacin.  Linda

I'd not familiar with LDL(a), but just to be clear, the factor I was
talking about was LP(a), which I think is totally different. If the
Berkeley Heart Lab has developed a special time-release niacin, obviously
that would be different from the normal over-the-counter time-release
niacin that you see in most health food stores, etc. Is Niaspan a
prescription drug?