RE: [IP] Cholesterol

Joslin recommends the following:

Your level of HDL (so-called good cholesterol) should be at least 45. Your
level of LDL (so-called bad cholesterol) should be under 100. Your
triglyceride level (another bad fat) should be under 200.

I fould the following chart on the web that states:

LDL Cholesterol

Less than 100: Optimal
100 to 129: Near optimal
130 to 159: Borderline high
160 to 189: High
190 or greater: Very high

HDL Cholesterol

Less than 40: Low
60 or greater: High

Total Cholesterol

Less than 200: Desirable
200 to 239: Borderline high
240 or greater: High

Less than 150: Optimal
I believe that your overall cholesterol level is calculated by adding the
HDL number to the LDL number and then adding some percentage of the
triglycerides.  Can someone confirm, deny this?

I believe when some one was told to keep their cholesterol level below 100,
they were really told to keep their LDL under that.

-- Sherry