[IP] Question about Paradigm Battery

How many minutes do you have before the paradigm settings blank out from a low
battery alarm?  What if the alarm goes off at night?  Do you wake up to have a
pump that is no longer on?
I have a 508 now and when the battery alarm goes off, sometimes I wait a whole
day until getting around to changing the batteries.  I've not yet had the
507/508 blank out from waiting too long to change the battery (after 5 years
of pumping).
I'm a little worried about upgrading to the paradigm if what is really true
about the paradigm "blanking" out if you wait too long to change the battery.