Re: [IP] Cholesterol

I started this thread on cholesterol and it is very
confusing. But I think medicine is as much an art as a
science. I have moved 11 times in 13 years from
Washington state to Texas to Penn. I have had all
kinds of doctors. Diagnoses from the last three
doctors are as follows.
 (1st ENDO)Prescribed thyroid medicine(didn't take it
because I was breastfeeding)
 ( 2nd ENDO)About 2 years later, no need for thyroid
med but prescribed iron (did take this and feel it
really helps)
(3rd ENDO) 2 years later- Presently no need for
thyroid med or iron, but now I need cholesterol meds.
( I feel the ratio of LDL to HDL is the important
number and with a 1.3 ratio I'm choosing not to take
meds at this time.)
These doctors are not gods and they are making their
decisions based on information(hopefully not for other
reasons). I'm going to work on my diet and maybe try
niacin and at my next doctors appointment I'm going to
ask his opinion on alternative methods to lower
cholesterol. peg  ps thanks to all that have replied
to my concerns.

Do You Yahoo!?