Re: [IP] Re: College age Pumpers

Tara,

I'm not college age any more(I'm 34) but I've had no trouble with people
accepting my pump.  I've been pumping for about a year and a half now feel
so much better.  When people ask what it is, how it works, etc. I just
answer the questions honestly and if they seem uneasy try to break the ice
with a joke.

John

> > Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:02:30 -0700
> > From: email @ redacted
> > Subject: [none]
> >

> > Tara  <email @ redacted>
> >
> > I have been a diabetic since age 14(I am 22 now).  I have been injecting
> > insulin (Humalog & NPH) since the diagnosis.  I have recently developed
an
> > interest in the pump and am 98% sure I will try it out, but I would like
> > feedback from REAL people who are using the pump first.  As of last
month,
> > my hba1c's was at 11% (not good) and I have been feeling very ill for
quite
> > some time now. I have heard using the insulin pump will help me greatly.
My