[IP] Re: dialysis

> I have a friend who goes to dialysis 3 times a week. After she
> comes home, she experiences severe headaches, and back aches, and
> very bad pains up and down her spine, and  on the back of the
> neck? Does anyone know *exactly* what causes this? Or do you know
> someone who would know, or a book, etc. that explains why this
> happens.

I believe those symptoms are due to the fact fluid has built up over two
days, and is now suddenly gone. The body has to adjust.

> It would be nice if there was a way to avoid this part of
> the dialysis process.

Yeah - I'd like to avoid the dialysis process completely. :(((

I don't have time to think about the things I can't do - I only have time to
think about the things I can't wait to do. ~ Joanne Slomski,
wheelchair-bound teacher