Re: [IP] Marks from Quik-Set

In a message dated 6/8/02 12:55:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My son use Quik-Sets and we've been wondering about something.
> Sometimes when we remove his, there will be a round raised mark
> left on his skin.   It's like his skin was being pulled up into the
> center of the port.   Looks sorta like an extra belly-button that's
> an "Outie".   What causes this?
Hi Barbara
I'm not sure what's causing it but I've been having the same thing happen.  I
started using the quicksets two weeks ago and hadn't seen it until my last
site change.  It looks exactly as you described and I just thought it was
perhaps caused by suction.  The quicksets stick SO much better than the
sofsets did.  Its like it creates a seal which in turn sucks the skin up into
the little round spot surrounding the cannula....sort of like a vacuum.  How
long did it take for your son's to disappear?  Mine was gone within 24 hours.
 I know this doesn't answer your question but at least you know that you guys
are not the only one that it's happening to.