Re: [IP] Cataracts

 My cataract "story" was a quickie-at dx(as a 17 yo
type 1)I was told I had small cataracts.Extremily
nearsighted,I'd just figured(pre dx)the vision
blurring had to do with that.Less then 6 months
later(and no reported eye problems once the swelling
from high bgs came down post dx),I awoke to an
extremily thick cataract on my left eye,within 3 days
the other one followed,end result legally
blind.(20/400)I guess it was a no brainer,they
couldn't even see through to my retina for any other
probs.So 2 weeks later, they did surgury,(one eye at a
time)lens implants,under general anesthesia.(which I
now see to be fairly unusual,from others accounts,but
at the time they said that was just how they "did
it")Wasn't on the pump then,so I just omitted my
shortacting insulin and had it done first thing in the
morning,(surgury without the pump is not an experience
I'd recommend to anybody,
bgs go wild)next day they checked up on it,when they
took the eyepatch off the experience rivaled winning
the lottery.Eye #1-20/20,sore for awhile,but well
worth it.Eye #2(done 2 weeks later)just as
successful.This from an unguerenteed procedure.(they
weren't sure if something else was up with my eyes
besides the cataracts,and weren't guerenteeing a
thing)So I traded myopia eyeglasses for reading
glasses(since the implanted lens' can't adjust like
natural lenses)but it was,to my way of thinking very
much better then cataracts/ad nearsightedness.
    Heidi(who Monday,June 10 celebrates 3 yrs since
surgury #1!)

Do You Yahoo!?