[IP] Cholesterol

Hi, it's me again, concerned about cholesterol.  Several people have said
that our total cholesterol goal should be below 150 to (among other good
results I imagine) prevent diabetic complications.  This is astounding news
to hear.  Is there information about studies written somewhere?  Can anyone
point to resources about this?

I guess I'm astounded because most people these days are aware of their
cholesterol levels and I find it pretty to rare to hear of anyone with
cholesterol below 150. Most people try to get their level under 200.  And
those who are that low (under 150) mostly come by it naturally.  I achieve
my level at 207 by working hard at it.  I certainly wouldn't want to start
taking yet another drug, like Lipitor or whatever, and start compromising my
liver, unless there were huge known benefits.

I've written to my endo to ask him what he knows about this; if he has heard
of studies, etc, but I'm wondering what you folks, or your physicians, are
basing this goal on.  Like the rest of you, I already work so bloody hard on
trying to keep my blood glucose levels normal by paying ever so close
attention to my diet and exercise and now it seems I have to do even more,
even though after being diabetic for 22 years I do not have one single

How many of you achieve levels below 150 anyhow?