[IP] Re: old time pumpers

Annie wrote:
> I am curious.  To all of you who started on the pump so very long ago (20
> years qualifies as "very long ago" in my opinion), how did you find out
> about it?  I hadn't even heard about pumps until 1994 and got on it as
> as I could.  Did you have a progressive endo--or what?

Do 18.75 years count? When I began pumping in '83 there were only two docs
in Indiana Rx'ing them - my endo near South Bend was one of them. He wore a
pump, as well as his DE (co certifieds back then) for 3 days with saline
before allowing a patient to have one. He wanted to start a core group and
selected me to be one. I'm #7 in the area to have one. That first one was a
monster - CPI/Lilly 9100. It can be seen on my picture trail in sig line.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop