[IP] propulsid

I decided to jump in here on the propulsid discussion.  Michael, the
compassionate use program has been stopped because the drug company withdrew
its request for FDA approval.  I know because I was one of the compassionate
users. The drug is absolutely necessary to keep me from vomiting
uncontrollably; no other drug worked.  I was therefore distressed by the post
saying that I would have heart arrhythmias--I don't believe that that is true.
I filled out LOTS of paperwork to get on the program, and that was not one of
the side effects.  (That occurred with Cisapride, which was withdrawn from the
market).  The drug has been used safely in Canada and in Europe for many
years.  Anyway, I get propulsid from Canada now.
Barbara Ziegler