Re: [IP] Air bubbles

> I have a question for all of you. I have found that when  I do a sight and
> reservoir change on my Paradigm, I start out without any air bubbles in the
> reservoir
> but over the course of the days I will notice air bubbles in the window.
> When I did my pump start up, I remember the insulin being at room temp. and
> I did not have any air bubbles during the use of that reservoir. This time
> I let the insulin sit out for 1/2 hour prior to the sight change and have
> not had any bubbles form as of yet. Has anyone else had this experience?

Some basic physics: liquids (like insulin) will dissolve
("hold") more gasses (air) when cold than when hot. So it's
quite likely that, if the insulin starts out cold, it'll warm
up and some air will come out. Allowing the insulin time to
stabilize at a warmer temperature should, as you noted, help.

                          - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+ I++
!M !MM N++
                O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S# RLCT
a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#