Re: [IP] super low-carb diet

I have celiacs and the way it was diagnosed was that I had the same
experience that you have had.  I just couldn't control my blood sugars while
eating bread, pasta, and cereals.  I thought the problem was carbs, so I cut
out nearly all carbs (to 30 grams a day).  My blood sugars were great for
the first time since my dx - and all my GI symptoms went away.  Anyway, I am
a true believer that giving up grains is a great idea (even for a
non-celiac, diabetic or not).  I try not to push it on anyone because I know
it is a little extreme, but that doesn't mean I can't be supportive if
you've come around to it on your own!

I have learned all kinds of tricks over the last couple of years to cut
carbs and to avoid grains, but what I have come around to is lots of yummy
veggies, legumes, nuts, and fish.  There was a time that I would not have
been at all satisfied by a plate of sauteed greens and a piece of salmon,
but now I can't think of anything better.

If you need any advice or recipes, give me a hollar at email @ redacted

Anyway, is anyone else cutting out big