[IP] OT: Anyone know anything about a virus like this.....

I've been getting tons of blank emails for the past two days.  They're all
from people I know, they have really weird subject lines, but the body of
the email is blank.  Also, the majority of them are through hotmail.com.
Two of the addresses are Yahoo.com.  A friend of mine has also gotten
several blank emails.

I'm running Norton, but not coming up with anything.  Was web mail hacked?
Or is this a virus I haven't heard about before?

Thanks for any info!
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424